Wednesday, October 21, 2009

more great info from christine boulton.

Christine Boulton is not just your average wedding expert. She's a wedding industry goddess. So it's no wonder that I follow her Wedding Dish blog pretty regularly and love the comments and insights she provides "from the other side."

Having worked as a banquet manager for the first two years of my professional photography career in an effort to really understand the wedding industry, I can relate to a lot of the information and insight she provides on a regular basis. The wedding industry is fun and exciting, but it is also stressful and demanding. Trust me, I once had to reassure a Mother-of-the-Bride, three times in as many hours, that yes, the signs directing guests into our hard to find driveway would be out on the street at our agreed upon time of 4 p.m. She called at 10 a.m.

A recent post really hit close to home. It was all about realistic expectations when it comes to your photography.

I don't want to do the points highlighted to be given a disservice, so go ahead, have a read.

Since I tend to be a complete and total overachiever/perfectionist, shooting weddings stresses me out. Big time. But one of my mentors once told me that when you lose that bit of care that causes you to stress, that's when you lose your edge in this industry. I still believe it to be true.

So believe us, our sleepless nights, high rates and taking three weeks to process your images are because we want to make sure that the memories of your wedding day are captured and documented perfectly.