Monday, October 19, 2009

bailey. adam. just married. (a quick preview)

One of the things that I love about being a photographer is the way that we become part of the special moments in people's lives. Weddings are one of the most intimate celebrations to share with a family, and it was such an honor to celebrate the marriage of Bailey and Adam with their families.

Their reception was set poolside at Seville in Gilbert. On my visit to the country club a few weeks ago, even my creative mind could not have imagined how the staff transformed the space into such an elegant setting for a sunset dinner.
I particularly liked the contrast of the rust colored linens with the aqua color of the pool.
As I headed down from Flagstaff, I noticed some funky clouds in the sky, and hoped they lasted until the sun went down. Adam had told me he really wanted a photo of him and his bride with a signature Arizona sunset. While I cannot tell Mother Nature what to do, I was so glad she cooperated. The sky was amazing that evening.


One thing I simply could not get over was Bailey's stunning beauty. As we laughed and joked about how much the camera loved her, her bright red lips and giant eyes reminded me of a 50's pin up girl. Simply gorgeous.

And did I mention these two were hilarious? It seemed like we were constantly cracking jokes and laughing, in between the serious pauses to take a formal shot. But we got some dramatic ones too.


I really love this one, where the look on Adam's face says it all: "I am the happiest man in the world, to have this amazing woman as my wife."
After all the formal photos were done, we joined the family down by the pool for lots of dancing, laughing and celebrating. I have truly never seen a group of people so filled with love for one another, and having so much fun together, in celebration of two amazing people united in marriage.

To check out the rest of the photos from the evening, please click here.

No comments: