Monday, October 26, 2009

denver arts week. il posto.

I originally discovered my passion for photography while filling my art credits in college, so much of my early portfolio work is art photography. When I got involved in portraiture and event photography, I haven't spent as much time on art photography as I used to.

So you can imagine my surprise when I was asked to show some art pieces for Denver Arts Week in November. It's actually been almost a month since I received the invitation and I'm still a little floored. And also excited.

Denver Arts Week runs from November 6-14th and features a number events, as well as local restaurants and artists teaming up to celebrate art in our fair city.

My work will be shown at Il Posto, an Italian eatery featuring the work of Chef Andrea Frizzi. Il Posto will be celebrating the "complicated simplicty of Italian food and wine" during the week. In addition to dinner, they are also open for "Ora Felice" each day.

They are located at 2011 E. 17th Avenue. Call 303-394-0100 for reservations.

I'll never forget the last photography class I had in college -- we had to create a series of work to show. It took me over a year just to decide what I was going to attempt to work on before I ever enrolled in the class. At least this time, I was able to get an idea of what I wanted to show. Although editing the collection down to a few pieces has been a challenge -- I've already rejected a few of the prints after not liking the way they flowed with the other pieces, and changed them out for others. I am certainly picky, that is for sure.

The series that I will be featuring during the week comes from the amazing dance performance I was fortunate enough to photograph this summer from the Isolated Incident performance group's "The Things They Say."

Dance is amazingly beautiful to watch, although challenging to photograph, but I was lucky to snap a few shots to capture the beauty of movement. To see a small preview of the work that will be shown, please click here.

I invite you to come out and celebrate art with me during the week, and I hope you'll stop by Il Posto and enjoy the pieces I've chosen and some awesome food.

No comments: