Thursday, September 20, 2007

pete butler. turns 50. for the third time.

I've been fortunate enough to be the official photographer for both the first- and second-annual 50th birthday parties for Pete Butler. With this crowd, you never know what you're going to get.

This year, with the Hollywood-themed crowd, I saw everything from old-town Hollywood to Hugh Heffner, to a giant penguin. An unsuspecting bartender got a surprise lap dance from the DJ, and Marilyn Monroe had a couple of clones.

The challenge to shooting an event is capturing the best moments of the night. This is precisely why I chose to go digital -- you can shoot as much as you need to in order to catch that perfect moment. Out of almost 600 images shot that evening, I came away with just under 400 that can be used as prints or as part of a custom Askua Book that I will be designing.

These types of events are fun for me because I get to be a part of something special in someone's life.

If you have an event coming up, whether it's a birthday party or a corporate event, I would love to be a part of it. Please e-mail me for rates and availability.